Thursday, December 3, 2009

kerrera


Oh, it's December already. Finally I have something to show you, something new. New and oh so great! It's Kerrera-hoodie, by the talented designer Gudrun Johnston.

This was a test knit, but I was one really bad test knitter - we had a nasty flu in our family most of the test knitting period. I wasn't much help for Gudrun. I loved knitting it and the pattern is
really clear and well written.


Pattern: Kerrera by Gudrun Johnston
Yarn: Gjestal Janne
Needles: 5 mm and 5,5 mm

The grey color is perfect but otherwise I'm not happy with my yarn choice - though I liked it after swatching. Even the gauge was spot-on in my swatch. But somehow I managed to get the row gauge wrong in actual knitting and the feeling was a lot different.

Finished hoodie is wonderful, it fits perfectly and it sure will be my winter favorite this year! (It still needs two more buttons to completely finished...)

11 comments:

Laura Michelle said...

What a great hoodie! I can see it becoming a wardrobe staple for sure.

Julie said...

wow, it's gorgeous!! I'm off to check out the pattern now...

Chris said...

I loved this pattern as soon as I saw Gudrun's and I love yours! I'll need to make this in the new year.

Heidi said...

Oh I love it. I have bought so many gray sweaters lately, but none of them are this cute.

The sweat below, also adorable.

http://oliveobserver.blogspot.com

nicole said...

It looks so cozy and soft, yum!

Gudrun Johnston said...

You were awesome test knitter!...Your Kerrera looks great!

Sini said...

Oo, kaunis neuletakki! Rento, mutta jotenkin samalla hienostuneen näköinen. Harmaa väri oli tähän nappivalinta :-)

Linda said...

Thats a lovely pattern and looks great!

Vergangenheitshang said...

It looks very cozy. :) I could need something gray in my wardrobe too but I imagine it to be very boring to knit with gray wool..?

Pirre said...

Ihana! Yksinkertainen ja rento. Tykkään kovin!

Unknown said...

Wow those are lovely, really great you are such a multi talented person, keep it up, thanks a lot for sharing.

dsi r4