Monday, August 17, 2009

beaufort two beret


On Beaufort wind scale Beaufort two means light breeze: small wavelets, crests glassy - wind felt on face, leaves rustle. It was the first thing on my mind while knitting my beret, since the pattern resembled small wavelets or rustling leaves. It might also be the teal blue color of the yarn that made me think more of wind and water.

I used honeycomb slip-stitch pattern in my beret and I think it worked nicely. It's warm and feels somehow rustic - it must be the texture. And it's not too thick. Perfect for late fall and early winter, I think.


Pattern: my own
Yarn: Madil Yarns Loden
Needles: 4 mm

8 comments:

nicole said...

You're such a talented lady! I love the simplicity and clarity of your designs. The had looks so very pretty on you.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful design again :)

liset said...

Ohhh beautiful!

manouche said...

Beautifull! and happy to put a face on your name!

Christie said...

So pretty! Pretty pattern, pretty color!

Danielle said...

totally cute. knitting is one of the things i wish i could do but can not. gorgeous

alittlebitofscrap said...

Very pretty and I love the color! Looks great on :)

ulli said...

a beautiful hat on a lovely head