Monday, June 1, 2009

Seasick Cardigan


I'm so out of season, knitting cardigans in warm wool - but there might be some cold summer evenings coming... So here it is: the Sea Sick Cardigan.


This too has been on needles for a good while, I wanted to study cables and see if they are useful in texture-like fabric. In the end I think it worked well, suits nicely for little boys and is really warm! The texture reminds me of being on boat on a very stormy weather, so I called it the Seasick Cardigan.


Pattern: my own
Yarn: Cascade 220 wool
Needles: 5 mm

9 comments:

Chris said...

That is completely gorgeous. I LOVE the cably texture. You amaze me.

Di said...

It is really great! I love the cables and the shape of the cardigan.

Sue said...

It does look fantastic. Are you going to write up a pattern for it.

alittlebitofscrap said...

Very cute!

Melissa said...

perfect!

veera said...

Thank you! Maybe I could try to do the pattern for it...

tiinaf said...

Voi kun on soma neuletakki!

Anonymous said...

Sinun ihanat neulekuvat saa inspiroitumaan ja katselemaan sillä silmällä oman lankavaraston perään..Ja kerrassaan hauska pieni neule tämä!

sarah jean, said...

completely darling. incredible you did this w/o pattern. very inspirational.