Friday, February 27, 2009

rust


Spring is coming. It must be the warm sun and singing birds, the sound of snow starting to melt. Season is changing and i found myself longing for change too. So i decided to knit myself a shawl - a project which I've never done before. (Baby steps, nothing too radical.)

Pattern: Textured Shawl Recipe by orlane (Ravelry-link)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Venezia Worsted
Needles: 6 mm


This yarn is so soft and slightly shiny. It was fun to work with, though with metallic needles it was a bit slippery. The pattern (or recipe) was easy to follow and i love the texture (it really is what is says). I think i would like to knit a bigger one some day.

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

i like it!!

alittlebitofscrap said...

Oh, this is very lovely indeed! and I love love the color :)

Tui said...

So beautiful!

the sewer cat said...

gorgeous!

veera said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments!

nicole said...

So pretty! Congratulations on your first shawl. Be careful, though, they're addictive!

britt said...

it looks great. I have been seeing a few of these on ravelry and have been debating on whether to make one. I think that i am now sold.

veera said...

Thank you, britt and nicole!

Sam said...

what a wonderful colour, and a gorgeous pattern. Perfect to brighten up a chiller day.

Blandine et Julien said...

magnifique !